Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday in Discovery Bay

It is Sunday evening in Discovery Bay. The trip to Maui was all too quick, but my Sunday in Discovery Bay has been pleasant. Attended church even though I was an hour late. I woke up with one of those sinus things that come every now and then. I thought about just staying home and resting, fell asleep and when I woke up I felt better so decided I'd better go. I'm glad I did. I enjoyed being in the nursery. I love the babies and miss my calling. I was in the nursery for about 5 years several years ago, and now I would love to return, just my thing, I guess!

I enjoyed skyping Michelle in London. It is always good to make contact with your kids when they are out of the country. I then spent some time contacting people via facebook. I really do enjoy facebook for this reason. There are people I haven't seen in years who are on facebook daily. I get to see what they are doing and learn about their families. The world of technology is simply amazing. For years my daughter has been telling me I need to start a journal. I just keep saying someday...but since she has been in London, I have enjoyed reading blogspots so much that I thought, okay, I will give it a try. So thank you Michelle and Scott!

Brad and LuAnn joined us later in the afternoon for a spontaneous bar-b-que. They brought most of the food and that made it double fun for me. It was a relaxing time for us as we just chatted and enjoyed each other's company.

All in all, it has been a pleasant day. I am truly grateful for this beautiful world that we have been blessed with. When the politics of the day get me down, I just think about the scenery around me and all of God's creations and then all is right!

No comments:

Post a Comment